Proactive EngineerFull Time - Methuen, MA
Internet & Telephone, LLC (I&T) was founded in 2002 to be the Single-Source IT Communications Partner for businesses in the Merrimack Valley. I&T manages computer systems and networks, provides VOIP Phone Systems, high speed telephone connections, and is one of the largest independent ISPs in New England. We have a commitment to extraordinary service, which we believe is essential to achieve long term success. With over 50 years of combined experience in telecommunications, internet, wireless and information technology, I&T’s founders have built a dynamic company that emphasizes people and service as the foundations for long-term business success. With headquarters in North Andover, MA, Internet & Telephone, LLC is a privately held company serving over 600 business clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Proactive Engineer is responsible for proactively providing remote monitoring and management (RMM) of client IT infrastructure’s while providing prompt, courteous support service. The Proactive Engineer will determine the priority and the nature of the problem logging the information in the PSA tool and then monitor the problem through to its resolution.
Additionally, this role will maintain the RMM suite’s capability to drive automation, efficiency, and innovation driving overall tickets counts down and individual productivity up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer the automation tool infrastructure including:
- Maintenance of automation software(upgrades, patches, integrations)
- Development of configuration framework and templates
- Automate where appropriate for provisioning, deployment, testing, monitoring, support
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Developing, automating, managing daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and administration tasks for the monitoring infrastructure
- Design/develop/manage scripts and utilities to support monitoring requirements
- Involved in creating and certifying standard operating procedures and manuals
- Assist in the development of innovative ideas that increase levels of customer service
- Create and maintain health reports for clients
- Escalate RMM tickets to the next level support group in a timely fashion within predefined service levels for the Help Desk
- Work closely with the team to achieve overall Support Center performance goals as well as increase individual productivity
- Keep up-to-date on supported software and hardware trends and changes
- Complete special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially on the telephone
- Prior experience with providing remote monitoring and management services
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to professionally deal with all types of situations and customers
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem diagnosis and solving skills, including ability to determine urgency and impact on the customer
- High attention to detail, including full ticket documentation and completion
- Minimum three years’ experience supporting Microsoft environments (e.g., Windows, Exchange, SQL, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing, environment.
- Highly motivated to solve problems
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Working knowledge and experience with Kaseya SMS
- Working knowledge and experience with Connectwise PSA
- Completion of Microsoft Certified training and certifications
- Salary is competitive with the Industry and commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance, Dental Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability coverage following the completion of 90 days of employment.
- 401(k) pension plan, subject to plan terms (1 year vesting followed by enrollment on the closer of January 1 or July 1 of the corresponding year).
- 9 Company-paid holidays, including New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
After your start date you will receive a Benefits Summary that provides detailed information concerning our total compensation program in effect as of your expected start date